Tuesday, June 12

if time was gold i'd be rich

All this studying is starting to get to me. It’s hard to believe that I’ll be leaving with a degree next spring.

If there’s one reason I don’t write on paper it’s because I scribble everything out and proofread as I go along. It’s so much cleaner. I guess I could just use pencil, but I usually find myself rubbing holes through the paper from erasing so much. It’s hard to capture your thoughts. The mind tends to run. Just try and remember any dreams you’ve had lately.

Whenever I think about the future I get very uncomfortable. I’m starting to feel the pressures of this very structured life I’ve led slowly dissapear, only to be replaced by another force residing much deeper within. Nothing about the future is certain. A year and a half ago I had no idea that I would transfer to Indiana University, one month ago I was worried about finding a summer job and now I have three, just today I broke my mop at work, etc.

So much effort is put into trying to predict what might happen tomorrow. I’m not saying that tomorrow isn’t important. I’m just saying that today is...

No comments: