Saturday, June 9

there is something i've been meaning to do

I took a study break to go kick a ball around earlier. Woodlawn field during the summer is absolutely dead. I could be out there for hours without anyone being on the actual field. It’s kind of nice. I miss the central quad from ISU. Random people would always come out and play kick ups in between classes. The quiet here is kind of nice, but only in small doses. I try and drown it out by playing music really loud.

Before going back to the house I picked up a well deserved burrito from Chipotle. On my way back I went through a park off of Kirkwood where a lot of locals hang out. I’m not sure if they’re homeless or not, but it’s usually the same folks in that area and they all seem to know each other. Anyway, one guy invited me to play hacky sack as I was walking by and I said no thanks. I remembered, though, that one reason I had gotten into soccer was through playing hacky sack. So I unzipped my duffel bag and me and this motley crew ended up playing kick ups for a good hour or so. Not a bad group. We ended up knocking over four drinks in the surrounding area and hit a few people. Not the best location, but it was still pretty fun. I think I’ll go back sometime later.

I wish I had a golf course that was in walking distance. I’m not much of a golfer, but it’s really nice to go out and walk around at night. There’s no lights hiding the stars and the fairways are wide enough to make you feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere.
If you lie down on the middle of the green and look at the stars closely enough, I swear you can feel the world turning.

No comments: