Thursday, April 13

be here now

I can't keep my thoughts straight for two seconds. My mind moves too fast for me to capture my thoughts. I'll have to invest in something with a faster shutter speed. Hah. It's really frustrating when you feel inspired, to lose it all just seconds later. I'll compare it to winning an island (or anything of value, I like islands), and then some asshole coming along shortly after and dropping 13 tons of nuclear warheads on it. In my case though, since this is all taking place in my head, that asshole is me. This frustrates me even more because I should know better than to be so careless with 13 tons of nuclear warheads, especially while flying over my own damn island.

I saw this book the other day at Borders called Be Here Now, and it kind of intrigued me. I started flipping through it and saw it had this whole groovy, psychedelic undertone to it. Ram Dass, the author, presents it so that the words kind of jump out at you. Weird stuff. I don't think I'll buy it though, my favorite part of the book is the title anyways, and I can just write that down somewhere and read it whenever I want.

It's very hard not to think, and especially hard when you make a conscious act to not think because then you think about not thinking, and your mind starts to race with meaningless babble about nothing at all. Try it out. Just sort of sit, purposelessly, and clear your mind. It's really calming if you can do it, but I guess it takes practice. It's kind of an art.

I think I need to work on my transitions...

No comments: